Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow!!!

Wow!!! That's all I can say is "Wow!" I started reading this book last night and I'm already half way through it. This is a biography on the lead guitarist from Korn and his testimony on how he found Jesus Christ. So far it's pretty intense. A word of warning - he's truthful about all of the horrible stuff he did before he was a christian and like any life that is not saved by God's grace, it's pretty dark and disturbing. A couple parts got under my skin but, I'm looking forward to reading about the moment he turned to the Lord.
Alot of it is about how he came to be in the band Korn and the road that they walked as a band and also about his daughter and ex-wife. It totally changed my perspective and outlook on secular artists in this field - I see them through new eyes. It's far from a glamorous life and all of the reports of the rich and famous going in and out of marriages and drug/alcohol clinics makes total sense now.
Anyway, it's a very interesting read and quite the page turner and I hope that God will bless his work by using this book as a tool to bring those who are running on the path that he once walked, into the light of the gospel.

0 comments: