Thursday, April 29, 2010

.:Today's Pics:.

Here's some new shots from the day:

Kai discovered a new talent and has been obsessively showing it off all day - shoving 2 "binkies" into his mouth at the same time. It was so hilarious that I had to take a pic with my phone and send it to my family =)


We took a trip to the Dr's today because his left eye has been really red for the last 2 days and I was starting to wonder if it was Pink Eye. Thankfully, after a really cool test where they dropped yellow dye into his eye and then shone a black light on it, they discovered that he had severely scratched it. THANK YOU, GOD that it's not Pink Eye!!! (You can kind of see how red it is in this pic) So, we just got to give it time and put drops in it to prevent infection and to soothe it so that he stops rubbing at it and making it worse.


My belly bump at 24 weeks. I feel like I'm bigger than I was with Kai.


Kai being cute for the camera =)


Life this week has been tough and is finally starting to get easier. Kai was pretty sick these last 2 days and with the eye thing plus no sleep - he and I were pretty unhappy campers. But, God was good and revealed a lot to me about my heart and where I've been finding my joy - in my circumstances! I need to constantly speak the truth to myself that Jesus has taken care of my GREATEST need by dying on the cross and through His resurrection from the grave. THAT'S where my joy needs to be - that I am saved!!! NOT in where I live or don't live, how my child is behaving, how ugly or pretty my possesions are or in maintaining a healthy weight. All those things are blessings from my Creator and are NOT to be worshiped but are to point me to the one who DOES deserve all my praise!

2 comments:

Michelle Brereton said...

Ty has the same paci trick! Heehee they are total besties for sure! :) Secondly, I love your top ;) Lastly, thanks for the reminder to stay content in all circumstances. Love you, friend!

Kelsey said...

Thanks, friend!

Hugs,

kels