Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JOY!!!!


JOY!!!!

This is what God has been showing my in my quiet times with Him. How to find joy in Him through delighting in His glory. I have been reading "When I Don't Desire God, How to Fight for Joy" by John Piper and it has been truly eye opening and wonderful!!!
John Piper explores every aspect of why and how we are to find joy in Jesus Christ and in His glory.
Please! Let me encourage you, no matter what season of life you're in - read this!!! Especially if you have been feeling like you are lacking in joy in God in His glorious Son, Jesus Christ. Are you experiencing trials? Are you weighed down by the responsibilities of Motherhood? Or are you simply searching for joy in other things? I was struggling with all of these things - and am still going through some of them but with GREAT joy in the Lord.

Here's a quote that God really used to teach me about delighting and finding joy in Christ's glory:
"Together this spiritual seeing of Christ and enjoying him - or this spiritual sense of his beauty and corresponding pleasure in the soul - refer to what Paul calls 'knowing' Christ... This knowing includes tasting and seeing. It is the knowledge of honey that you have only when you put it on your tongue and taste that it is sweet. Therefore, knowing Christ in this way means seeing him for who he really is and enjoying him above all things."

See what I mean? Read it! It's a must if you are seeing that you need a revival of God's Spirit in your heart and life to taste and see that He is good and to delight in Him!

0 comments: