Monday, September 22, 2008

35th Week Update

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to give you all the update on how Kai my guy is doing. I went into see the Dr today and Ryan and I had the pleasure of seeing his cute little face on the ultrasound. He's head down (which is great) but is facing the wrong way-away from my spine (which is not so great). We're just praying that the good Lord will turn him around before delivery so that I won't have to endure any back labor =P
He's about 6 pounds now and his head is normal size (although, from the ultrasound, his forehead looked huge). From what we could see, he is completely folded in half with his two little feet in front of his face (one foot one each cheek). He had a sad little frown, squishy looking cheeks and the cutest little chin. I had to go through a stress test prior to the ultrasound so I think he was showing his disliking to the belts that get strapped on.
Dr says that my due date is still October 30th and okayed my maternity leave to begin October 10th - I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it! I'm praying that God will really bless it with not only alot of physical rest but also lots of spiritual rest: time in His presence, diving into His word and refreshing my soul before the next trial(s).
Please pray - there are too many things to name specifically but it all boils down to the fact that I need to be finding my joy, comfort, peace, and rest in God alone and not in what I have or don't have or where I am or where I'm not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you! and I can't wait to see you.

Gina said...

Hi Chalene...this is Gina, I'm not sure if you remember me. I just happened to find your blog, and thought I would say hi. You look so cute pregnant! Anyways, I hope you are doing good. Take care!