Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm What?!!!

Happy Baby Shower, Amber!!  We're going to miss you guys!  Here's a last shot of all of us in our final month - Michelle (left) is in her 39th week, I'm (middle) in my 36th week, Amber (right) is in her 35th week in this picture.

I am now 36 weeks this week and went into see my Dr (I've graduated to weekly appointments-Wahoo!!)  I went in with puffy eyes, no make up and frizzy hair as I had hardly any sleep last night.  That's how it is these days, not only does it now take effort to roll from one side to the other but, it's also painful - all of my lower abdominal muscles will feel totally shot and achy.  This last week was the week of happenings:  crying at the drop of a hat about God knows what, constant and even painful downward pressure, sharp cramp/pain in my left inner thigh where the thigh meets the belly and this morning, menstrual-like cramping.  I'm thinkin' "what's going on?!"

So, my doctor was just going to measure the belly and listen to the heart beat but, as I explained to her everything that I've been experiencing, she gave me a concerned look and said "maybe I should check you".

After checking me she tells me I feel pretty "soft" - what does that mean??? Is that in regards to effacement or dilation?  She then answered that it means I'm about 70% effaced already - cool!!! Fyi: you have to be 100% effaced in order to start dilating, so, in other words, the ball is a rollin! "Sooo.....does this mean I could go early???" I ask - she than cautiously replies: "well, you definitely won't make it to your due date, I'd say you'd probably go into labor in your 38th week."

To make my already long story shorter, I moved up my maternity leave to begin Monday, Oct. 6th - so, this Friday is my last day at work - yeahhH!!!

My baby shower is October 11th - hang in there Kai (literally).  Please don't come before than!

I'll keep you updated =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so excited. I just wanna jump on a plane and see you now!
if you don't have him early- don't be discouraged. the doc said i wouldn't make it to my due date and i ended up walking around 3cm dilated and was a week late. God knows your true due date. trust and rest in HIM. =)

Anonymous said...

Chalene, I am so excited!

I was just wondering how you were doing. Thanks for the thorough update. I'll give you a call later this week.

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

I am excited for you! the day i gave birth to Virginia was so amazing, pain and all!!! I'll be praying for you.