Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ahhhhhhh.... Maternity Leave =)

Good news! I went in for my weekly check up this morning and Doctor says I'm a good 2-3 centimeters dilated, baby's head is down and low (which made it hurt more when she checked me - OUCH!) and things are "soft" - what ever that means.  She didn't give me any ETA and I didn't want to ask because I don't want to get my hopes up.  I have been told that many a women have walked around for a good couple weeks at 3 centimeters so, I just want to be prepared for the long run.

Let's just say, I'll be doing A LOT of walking and cleaning =)

Well, I am so totally thankful to be on maternity leave.  For those of you who don't know yet, Ryan and I are all moved into his parents house for the remainder of our time before Kai gets here as well as for the recovery.  Hopefully, just until Ryan and I can move into our place.  The purpose being so that I can really rest and enjoy the last moments I have with Ryan one on one -uninterrupted =)

I want to give my husband a big "THANK YOU" for the sacrifice he is making so that I can be at home to raise our little boy in the ways of the Lord.  I know God is going to bless this new season as He does every season, but, it really means alot to me that you are joyfully willing to work so that I can stay home.  Thank you, my Love =)

So, here is a shot of my first project that I completed last Friday - a hooter hider =D  I'm totally excited and can't wait to use it.  I have to confess, I prayed the whole time I made it and asked God to give me a beautiful result since this project was also supposed to be cost effective.  What good would making something be if I messed it up so bad that I had to just go and buy a pre-made one???

Thank you Mom & Terri for your help and advice (and the use of your sewing machines).


1 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey Chalene! I found your blog through Shannon. Just wanted to say hi and tell you we're praying for you guys. I hope these last few days before the baby arrives are very restful. I look forward to hearing of Kai's arrival and seeing his sweet face here! God bless, and please tell Ryan and your family that we said hi.

Love,
Rebekah Kurth