Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Comming Soon to a Baird Household near you...

You want to know when I go into labor? CHECK MY BLOG
You want to know when we're driving to the hospital and checking in? CHECK MY BLOG
You want to know the most recent happenings of the delivery? CHECK MY BLOG
You want to know the juicy details of when Kai is born, birth weight and other fun stuff?
CHECK MY BLOG
That's right, I'm going to try and do what a friend of mine did for her labor and delivery news / status. I'm going to post as much as I can while I'm going through it. And when I am otherwise occupied, Ryan will be posting information for me. This way, you all will know the details and we won't be bombarded by phone calls on that special day =)
So, for the first post, I'll let you know that I am a good 3 centimeters and experienced my first real contractions last night. They were quite painful and my sister-n-law Bethany was right, you'll know when you're having a real one when you can't talk. They were ranging from 15 to 10 minutes apart for a solid 2 hours - after that, they died down and went away - DRATS!!
This morning was pretty quiet but then I had a really good one about 30 minutes ago. Hopefully, labor will start soon =)
Keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon Kai! We can't wait to see you!

Hope you have a great day, friend.

Love you!

Kels

Rebekah said...

Praying for you, Chalene! As annoying and painful as it is to have start and stop contractions, they really DO do something (help with dilating and effacing) and might even help shorten the time of the "real thing". I hope you are able to relax and rest in the meantime! So excited for you guys. =)